sexta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2009

Describing the taste of food!

Hello everybody,

the following dialogue is very useful, when you want to say something about the taste of food. You may be caught in an embaressing situation like this. So, don't get on your nerves! You can handle that smoothly, just like Elaine did. Let's take a look:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Steve, my new boyfriend, decided to cook dinner for me. I was really excited, that is, until I tried his cooking.


Steve: What do you think of the soup?

I thought: This is so bland, and what are these little lumpy things in the soup? Of course I didn’t say that aloud.

Elaine: It’s delicious. It has a very interesting flavor.

When Steve served the main course, a baked chicken, he asked,

Steve: What do you think of the chicken? Is it too salty or spicy?

I thought: Yes! It’s too salty and it’s so spicy I can hardly eat it without breathing fire. The outside of the chicken is overcooked and the inside is raw! But out loud, I said,

Elaine: No, not at all! It has an interesting texture and I’m enjoying every bite.

I thought: Oh, no. Is there more? Steve went into the kitchen and brought dessert.

Steve: What do you think of this cake?

I thought: This cake should be sweet, but it has a strange sour taste. Could there be something seriously wrong with Steve’s taste buds? But aloud, I said,

Elaine: It’s yummy. It’s the best cake that anyone has ever made for me.

And it was true. I didn’t care how bad the meal was. It’s the thought that counts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Script by Dr. Lucy Tse
 
If you don't know the meaning of a word or expression, please, post your comment and I'll be very pleased to help you.
 
See you later alligator!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário